The MDN and MSID need to be programmed into the phone....it can be done over the air/network, if the device is capable.
Over the Air (OTA)
1. Set the phone up on your local WIFI if able
2. go to : general>> settings>> system update (or similar)> update profile. (If this works screen will say it is updating and then "Update Successful")
3. go to : general>> settings>> system update (or similar)> update prl (If this works screen will say it is updating and then "Update Successful")
If it is not capable, manual programming of the mdn/msid is required, and you need an MSL # to get into programming mode.
NOTE: WE WILL PROVIDE THE MSL NUMBER WHEN WE ACTIVATE THE PHONE.
Programming sequence is typically ##MSL#, and it should take you to a programming menu, where you can manually enter the MDN and MSID
Follow these steps:
Dial (as if you are making a call) ##MSL# (where MSL is the number you are provided by us)
Type in the MDN number provided by us
Type in the MSID number provided by us
The phone will turn off and restart and the programming in complete and you will have service
NOTE: For best results, complete a factory reset of the prior to hands free activation
For picture message, you will also need to program the MMS url, using the following steps:
Data/MMS configuration: Data settings are configured by the network automatically, Phones must be manually configured for MMS use. The MSL code is listed on the Wireless Account Management main screen, where you see your customers account details.
These steps may vary slightly depending on the Manufacturer/Menus of the device:
1. From the Main Menu, Select Phone dialer
2. Enter ##3282# (##DATA#) to view the Data options
3. Select MMSC
4. Select Edit
5. When prompted for the Service Code, Enter Master Subsidy Lock (MSL) Code. This is 6-digits long, and would have been given to you at activation.
6. At MMS Setting Menu, Select the MMSC URL and modify the URL to " http://mms.plspictures.com " (without quotemarks). Select Ok.
7. Select Home button to return to the Main Menu
Connect to a Wi-Fi network
Trobuleshoot (If iPhone does not activate immediately)
These settings must be done manually
Non iPhone APN config:
Non iPhone APN config:
1. Press Menu button.
2. Tap Settings > Wireless Controls or Wireless Networks > Mobile Networks. → Check if “Data Roaming” and “Use Only 2G Networks” are both UNCHECKED.
3. Tap Access Point Names.
4. Press Menu button and select New APN.
5. Enter the following information: →
o Name: realmobile
o APN: PRODATA
o Proxy: Not set
o Port: Not set
o Username: Not set
o Password: Not set
o Server: Not set
o MMSC: " http://mmsc.mobile.att.net " (without quote marks)
o MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
o MMS Port: 80
o MCC: 310
o MNC: 410
o Authentication Type: None
o APN Type: default,mms, supl
o APN protocol: IPv4
o Bearer: Unspecified
6. Press Menu and then Save.
NOTE: We cannot set MMS up on iPhone. Use imessage, or email for sending attachments.
|Other Devices (GSM)|